The word Chinmaya means true knowledge. Chinmaya Mission is an organization where seekers of Truth come together to acquire and impart the ancient teachings of Vedanta(Self-Knowledge). Chinmaya Mission was formally founded in 1953 by Swami Chinmayananda’s devotees to give organizational structure and cohesiveness to the work and activities inspired by him. This formed the nucleus of a movement of spiritual renaissance that now encompasses a wide range of spiritual, educational, and charitable activities, enriching the lives of millions across the globe. In North America alone, Chinmaya Mission has over 50 intensively trained Acharyas(one who leads by example). In North America alone, Chinmaya Mission has over 50 well co-ordinated centres. In North America alone, Chinmaya Mission has over 15,000 specifically guided Bala Vihar students. What is unique about Chinmaya Mission is its professionalism, credibility, and commitment to knowledge—a knowledge which adheres not to a sadhu(saint) but rather to the shastra(scriptures). These quantitative successes speak for the quality of our efforts and the fact that hundreds of temples, organizations, associations, etc. across North America invite our Acharyas to guide their adult/young adult congregation and our Coordinators to guide their youth/children congregation.
To provide to individuals, from any background, the wisdom of Vedanta and a practical means for spiritual growth and happiness, enabling them to become a positive contributor to the society.
Inner transformation of individuals resulting in a happy world around them.
To give maximum happiness to maximum people for maximum time.
Chinmaya Mission London (Canada)
In 2011, Chinmaya Mission brought its world-class Self-Development programs to London. With over 300 centres worldwide, Chinmaya Mission’s programs impart values, inculcate critical thinking, and provide opportunities to practice higher ideals under the guidance of its Acharyas. Since 2011, these programs have grown from being hosted in a Yoga studio in downtown London to the basements of volunteers’ homes to renting a Public School.
Chinmaya Mission London has an average of 80 students and occasionally up to 100 students who meet every Sunday at the Jack Chambers Public School in North London:
- To attend Bala Vihar Classes – for children JK to Grade 12
- To study Srimad Bhagavad Gita – for Adults
- For the celebration of Hindu Festivals through the year
We have four full-fledged Bala Vihar classes for JK-Grade 12 children, where children learn from a structured and age appropriate curriculum, taught by trained teachers. This world-renowned concept was introduced by Swami Chimyananda to instill eternal values (Sanatana Dharma) into children of all ages, using a curriculum tailored to each age group. Over 15,000 students from all over North America study the same curriculum every weekend.
Chinmaya Mission London also currently conducts & facilitates:
- Monthly Devi Satsanga – a study group for Devis (women) led by our Acharyas.
- Weekly study of Hindu Texts by our Acharyas in person and via video conference.
- Jnana Yagnas – Knowledge Series every six months by our Acharyas.
- Annual 2-day spiritual retreat at Grand Bend led by our Acharyas.
- Devi Retreat – Annual Self-Development Retreat for Devis
- Seva(service) projects in rural India & Trinidad to empower global communities.
- Internships for Canadian Youth to serve in rural India on Seva projects.
- Self-Development workshops at London Police Department, Western University, London Hospitals, Hindu Cultural Centre etc, by our Acharyas.
- Yatras(outward expression of an inner journey) to India & Trinidad – opportunities for families to immerse themselves in Ashrams and serve and experience rural villages there.
- Workshops by Swamis & Acharyas from other American centres and India.
Chinmaya Mission London, in six short years, has established a proven track record of providing the community in London a world-class platform for the study and practice of Sanatana Dharma(our unchanging responsibility to be joyous). By focusing on knowledge and its application, investing in our children, and inspiring our community, Chinmaya Mission London is committed to creating a better tomorrow.
Much more needs to be done as we reach out to empower more children and adults via self-development in London. To facilitate and strengthen this outreach, Chinmaya Mission London was incorporated in 2017 and is now dedicating the first Hindu Ashram(a hermitage) in London to the community here. The Ashram – Chinmaya Hanuman, like in more than 300 centres worldwide, will serve as the seat of learning for Hindu scriptures, Self-Development, Seva, Culture, and traditional art forms in London.
Starting in September 2017, all activities will gradually be shifted to:
2156 Highbury Ave North, London, N5X 4A5
Chinmaya Mission London – Development Plans
- Expansion of Bala Vihar classes from four to five in 2017.
- Introducing Shishu Vihar program for Pre-school children, in 2017.
- Bala Vihar Camps, Youth Camps in 2017-2018 academic year.
- International Devi Retreat in October 2018.
- More frequent Jnana Yagnas (Knowledge Workshops).
- Introducing Sanskrit and other regional language classes.
- Serve as a venue for practice of Yogasana, Classical music & dance forms.
Chinmaya Hanuman Ashram in London will be the seat of learning dedicated to preserving our ancient heritage and culture under the Guru-Shishya-Parampara, in the service of Sanatana Dharma.
Drishti 2017 – Fundraiser
Chinmaya Mission London invites you to Drishti 2017, a vision to the future. Come join us for an evening of entertainment filled with inspiration, hopes, opportunities, and aspirations.
When: Saturday November 11th 2017, 6:00 PM onwards
Where: London Ukraine centre, Adelaide street
Tickets: $60 each or Table of 10 for $550
- Presentation by Chinmaya Mission London
- World class entertainment by Nathaniel Rankin, International award winning magician and circus artist
- Indian cultural performances
- Indian food catered by Toronto’s Host restaurant
- Kid and family friendly
Below are the details of our current financial status.
|Total Funds Required||$950,000|
|Funds Pledged as of August 15th 2017||$500,409|
To see the list our sponsors, CLICK HERE
As a spiritual and service organization, Chinmaya Mission London is committed to providing support for activities which can enhance the quality of life of all the members of the community. Your financial support will help us with the funds needed for the purchase and renovation of Chinmaya Hanuman. Our income will be channeled into developing more enduring spiritual and educational programs for the present and future generation.
This year, our goal is to raise $600,000 – a goal that can only be accomplished with the generosity of our sponsors and donors. We are currently seeking sponsorships and respectfully request that you consider pledging your support. Your generosity will benefit current and future generations, enable Chinmaya Mission London to enhance and expand the range of programs, make this knowledge accessible to more families in our communities, remove uncertainty with rental facilities, and enhance flexibility.
The enclosed sponsorship package outlines the various opportunities to show your support and the accompanying benefits. Corporate and individual monetary donations in support of this event are also welcome, gratefully accepted, and are eligible for a charitable tax receipt. If you have any questions about Chinmaya Mission London, please visit www.chinmayalondon.org or feel free to contact us directly.
Thank you for your consideration of this event. By contributing, you have the opportunity to directly make a difference for our families and children. Your support will ensure the creation of a society that will raise children who know that values are more valued than valuables.