Vedanta in action is called Seva and GIVING unconditionally of one’s resources, time and effort is considered by all of us at Chinmaya Mission as the expression of religion and culture. The study and reflection of Vedanta by millions of Chinmaya Mission students worldwide is reflected in the selfless service (Seva) activities undertaken by them all over the world.
CORD (Chinmaya Organization for Rehabilitation & Development) is the award winning service or seva organization of Chinmaya Mission, that aims to help communities create a sustainable program to aid in their holistic welfare. CORD strives to facilitate integrated, sustainable social help programs in local communities and in the Indian subcontinent through processes of self-empowerment and enrichment. CORD in India and Sri Lanka has been has been transforming one life at a time for the last 3 decades.
- Chinmaya London has been fundraising and supporting programs at CORD Siruvani in the province of Tamil Nadu, India. In the past years and this year, our students have taken part in fundraisers to help raise funds to provide and augment health care facilities at Siruvani. These facilities help give many villagers and villages around Siruvani, access to health care.
- Nepal Earthquake Relief – This year, Chinmaya London also raised and donated $1000 to the Prime Minister of India’s Relief Fund to provide relief to earthquake victims in Nepal. The Indian government was the first nation to come to its aid of Nepal, a few hours after the earthquake struck.
- Children’s Health Network and Rothholme’s Women’s Shelter – Over the past couple of years, Chinmaya London students volunteer through out the year with its partner organization Srishti, in Seva activities in London ON. They have helped raise a few thousand dollars for local causes to provide aid to children in need in Ontario and women in distress, by organizing bake sales in the community.
- Diwali & Holi – Chinmaya students volunteers put in many hours of effort, time and resources to partner with Srishti, in organizing, planning and executing the largest Diwali and Holi celebrations in London.
- Chinmaya Naada Bindu – Funds raised by Chinmaya London students through various events in the year help under-privileged girls and boys in villages access to learning classical Indian music and dance forms, through Chinmaya Naada Bindu organization.